January 6, 2022
Transport Controller – Avonmouth
Reports to: Transport Manager
Type of position: Full-time
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
- Arranging and planning transport of the machines and attachments to given deadlines, thus ensuring the smooth day to day running of company logistics.
- Assisting the transport team to plan machinery movements to end customers, depots and sites (nationally and internationally)
- Be proactive in cost saving exercises with external suppliers, monitoring and minimising transport costs.
- Raising and goods receiving purchase orders & transport notes for movements.
- Liaising with equipment suppliers nationally & internationally.
- Direct investigations and verify and resolve queries calmly and decisively.
- Provide punctual communication to Key stakeholders on transport arrangements
- Ensuring machine movements are captured and recorded correctly using Molson’s ERP System.
- Conducting import and export processes in line with government regulations.
- Any other administrative tasks within capabilities
- Answering incoming telephone calls
Work experience requirements:
- Strong Administration background in Plant or similar industries preferred
- Understanding of import and export processes advantageous
- Ability to thrive and succeed in a busy, ever-changing environment
- Excellent level of attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Ability to multi task
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Confident and clear telephone manner
Experience in the transport industry preferred but not essential
- Good general level of Education including English, Maths and IT.
Email us your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us on: 01179 820 123